Gary's Thoughts and Opinions

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The return trip home FROM HELL!

I am home at last after the Return Trip From Hell yesterday.

I had what was supposed to be a 1 hour 20 minute layover in Minneapolis, that turned into a 5 1/2 hour layover due to local weather, one of 2 runways being shut down and the weather in San Francisco. Of that 5 1/2 hours, 90 minutes were spent sardined into the airplane and waiting at the end of the runway with the engines turned off waiting for the weather in San Francisco.

I had intended to get Amtrak out of Richmond at 3:48, but missed that one due to the layover. The next train I should have been able to get was the 7:15... except Amtrak CANCELLED the train. The next train was due at 8:42PM ... which didn't actually arrive until 10:10PM because it was broke down in San Jose and which broke down for another 10 minutes between Suison (sp?) and Davis.

I spent 3 hours in the Richmond Amtrak station waiting for a train home. If you have ever been to that station you know there is nowhere safe to go nearby and nothing but concrete or steel benches to sit on.

When I finally got on the train, it had been over 12 hours since I had eaten and I was forced to eat Amtrak food.

I arrived in Sacramento at 11:48... which was 20 minutes AFTER the last light rail left the Amtrak station.After a $15 cab ride home I finally arrived at 12:10 which was a full 7 hours later than I should have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home